Tuesday, March 23, 2010

90 Day Play - Day 23

Sitting in my apartment, eating pizza.

I went to the Central Hotel Library Bar today to meet with my writing group for the first time in about 7 months. This writing group is the remnant of a playwriting class I took at Fishamble, and it has been amazingly supportive. I think the most useful thing to my writing is having a group of people to bounce ideas off of and to read what I've written. It was a fabulous time and has really propelled me into some more writing.

I think, most importantly, reading with the group made me realize that I need to get some Irish friends together to read the first draft when I've finished. The Irish characters sound so different in the appropriate dialect, and I've already found some phrases that stick out like big American thumbs. I really have to get back into the dialect as soon as possible so that I can find these characters' voices.

Anyway...boring blog tonight. Writing all day tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have something better to report.

And Ben...I hope you're still writing!! :-D

R

No comments: